Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What are you giving up for Lent?



Soooooo Today is Ash Wednesday (or at least I started writing this on Ash Wednesday). Today was the commencement of Lent. Not sure what Lent is? Let me Google that for you! [http://tinyurl.com/chsztk] Informed? Let’s continue, shall we!

My Crazy arse decided to give up Television for Lent! Lawd Gad in heaven. Jesus, be a DVR!!! I don’t curse (often), and I can pretty much cut any other vice cold turkey, I have strong will. But TV?! I LOVE TV!!! I was once told that I was addicted to it. I wouldn’t go THAT far… I mean if I find something to occupy my time, I don’t need tv. The problem is, I’m not looking for anything to occupy my time, cuz I love TV! LOL So far I am doing pretty well. I have this blog (my new toy) to keep me busy. I expect to read more books, and enjoy more of the outdoors. I ain’t going hiking or nothing, but maybe longer strolls? Or bike rides? Hell I ain’t even got a bike… Well I can go buy one LOL Whatevs, all I know is that I won’t be glued to the couch like I usually am. This should prove to be an interesting, and rewarding experience!

I surely picked the perfect time to fast from TV! All my good shows are on, Project Runway, RHOOC, The Tudors, Big Love, and my newest favorite Glee is coming back. I also heard that 90210 and Melrose will be coming back. Ok, the more I list the shows the more I am beginning to regret doing this! **BBM crying face**

Some friends of mine are also partaking in the Daniel’s Fast… This is where you only consume one meal a day in the evening, and you cut out all meats, fish, eggs and butter. **random** While I’m on this subject, why isn’t fish considered a meat? Meat is considered the flesh of an animal… Last I checked, a fish is an animal isn’t it? Ok random over LOL Well as you all know I am a vegetarian so the Daniel’s Fast won’t be hard for me to do; it’s the waiting to eat til supper time I find difficult! I was praying to the Lord to be my sustenance today! Good night, I was STARVING! Funny thing is, I’ve gone without eating til supper time before, and I was fine. I think the thought of NOT being able to eat til dinner time was really the kicker.

For the next 5 weeks I’ll be chronicling my no tv fast, lets hope I make it! *fingers crossed*

Are any of you out there participating in Lent? What did you decide to give up? Is it truly a sacrifice? Is it realistic?

Got any suggestions on what I should do to occupy my couch potato time?

No comments:

Post a Comment