Monday, March 8, 2010

I've been busy...

Hey guyZ! It’s been a while since I posted anything. I’ve been busy moving so I haven’t had much time to sit down and post anything. My TV fast is going… LOL I was really really really bummed about missing Freaknik the Musical *sigh* I’ll get it on DVD when it comes out. Although EYE have been busy, this post is about another kind of "being busy"

Sigh… “I’ve been busy”<-- I LOATHE that three word combo! I think it is an overly used, under expressive statement, that serves as pathetic cop out to explain someone's absence. I met this guy at an event. We chatted it up a bit, and exchanged info. Talked on the phone, text/IM each other, went out on a couple dates; we vibin! It was going well for like a good 2 months… Then one day goes by, no call, no text, didn’t see him online; alright cool, I’m not pressed. A week goes by I hear nothing, so I send a quick text to make sure he’s not dead… No response… Alright, cool… Almost a month goes by, not a peep! I decide that I’m just gonna call and see what the deal is, cuz I’m kinda worried…
Ring… Ring…
Him: Hello?
Me: Hey?
Him: Oh, hey what’s up?
Me: You tell me? I ain’t heard from you in a while
Him: Yea I’ve been busy…
STOP Soooooo, you mean to tell me this boy was so gaht damn busy, that he couldn’t pick up the phone to give me a call?? Eff it, ioun even like talking on the phone that much, but not even a text?? An email?? Smoke signal? Sheeit! I mean, really?How effin long does it take to send a text?? Steups! This is some regular BoolSheet!
PLAY
Me: oh aight, then… I was just chekin to make sure you ain’t die…
Him: *chuckles* nah I’m good… How you?
STOP What the eff you mean "how you?" I had to friggin call you, for you to find out how I am? What kinda new fangled ish is this??
PLAY
Me: I’m good… Well ioun wanna keep you, I’ll holla
Him: Aight den
*click*
I was .38 HAWT! This dude, get on the phone super nonchalant, like ain’t nothing happen; while for a month I’m tryna figure out if it was something I said? Did he not like the dress that I had on when we last went out? Was it my hair? My teeth? Or worse, he’s not digging me any more? I thought to my self “Di, you not his girl or anything, so heon’t really owe you an explanation” Then I thought “ well damn I know I ain’t his lady but thats pretty effed up for him to practically drop off the face of the earth like that… What if I ain’t call him, would our last encounter have been our ‘last encounter’?”

Honestly, I would rather a dude tell me that he wasn’t feeling me any more, then for me to go through all this analyzing, and trying to figure out what happened. At least if he tells me what’s going on, I can go ‘bout my business without having any unanswered questions.

Ladies, has this ever happened to you? Would you rather dude be upfront with you and tell you that he’s just not feeling you anymore? Do you care? Do any of you ladies feel that he could actually be THAT busy?

For the men that are reading this, remember I AM a woman, and a lot of us are over analytical; and I’m one of “us”. So please save your “that’s the problem with you women now” spiel. I just wanna know why do men pull this stunt? Is it because you truly are THAT busy? Is a month with out communication with someone you like acceptable? Or am I right in thinking that if he wants to talk he’ll call, and since he hasn’t, he obviously doesn’t?

I’m tired of talking… ‘Til next time!

3 comments:

  1. Well let me tellllll you....

    I'm actually going through the same thing right now. I have been talking to this guy for a while now. We actually started off as friends, then we kind of became best friends... giving each other advice on relationships & such. Then one day after hanging out we realized that we have feelings for each other so we decided to take it to the next level (and NO I don't mean sex... we started "dating").

    Well being as how we are in a long distance "thing" it makes it hard to see each other all the time. Recently he came to NY and met the fam and close friends... and two weeks after that I went to this event for his job where he lives. The entire weekend he was telling me how much he LOVED me... how happy he was I was there with him etc etc etc. He even introduced me as his GIRL to his friends.

    Wellllllll apparently out of sight out of mind was the game he decided to start playing because he has BARELY and I DO mean BARELY has made contact with me since that weekend.

    Now Thursday I get a text... "sorry I've been busy. You call or text at the wrong times"...(pause-- I had to breathe cause I was about to start cussin on your page)...

    are you KIDDING ME?!?! So can you please tell me what your "Hours of Operations" are so I know when these "wrong times" are... [wooo saaaah}.

    So then answer me this... you Greek right... RIGHT... you got down right... RIGHT... so tell me how this "I've been busy" EXCUSE would have worked when you was on?!?! Please tell me about your LAME excuses.. because I KNOW-- Where there is a will... there IS a way...

    Like I was explaining (to you through IM lol)... I do NOT believe "busy" is an excuse. Unless... as you wake up, you're automatically in the shower, you get NO break for lunch, aaaaand you come home and go straight to bed, then I'm reallllllly am NOT buying into this whole busy excuse! It's lame... if you want to go back to being friends, or nothing at all... use those God given BALLS that you have.. pull your pants up and SAY SO. I deal with the truth a LOT better than the games. And I am also NOT about to hound you down.

    So to him-- I'm not mad. Just know that I like a lot of attention... and 'I got a million ways to get it'

    Signed,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now not sure where you're getting your information, but good topic. I needs to spend a while finding out much more or figuring out more. Thank you for great info I was in search of this info for my mission.

    my site; clubwww1marketing.com

    ReplyDelete